In the event of a hurricane or other disaster, The New Smyrna Beach Housing (NSBH) will take action that allows us to protect our tenants and property to the extent possible. It is very important that you stay informed of hurricane activity. Follow the instructions provided by law enforcement, elected officials, and other professionals regarding evacuation and other safety measures before, during, and after a hurricane. The information below is provided to assist you in preparing for a hurricane or other natural disaster.
Please visit the following for more information:
- American Red Cross Hurricane Safety
- Disaster Kit
- Florida Disaster Supply Checklist
- Hurricane Preparedness
- Preparing to Evacuate
Volusia County Emergency Management App
NSBH recommends that you download the Volusia County Emergency Management App to receive up-to-date information in the event of a hurricane or other weather event.
The Volusia County Emergency Management app contains advanced features that strive to help keep the citizens of Volusia County prepared and informed about any emergency at hand.
Emergency Contact Phone Numbers
- Police, Sheriff, Fire, Ambulance, Highway Patrol: 911
- Volusia County Sheriff's Office: Non-Emergency Dispatch - 386.409.8276
- New Smyrna Police Department: Non-Emergency - 386.424.2220
- New Smyrna Fire Stations: Non-Emergency - 386.424.2215
- City of New Smyrna Beach: 386.410.2600
- Florida Department of Health in Volusia County New Smyrna Beach: 386.424.2065
- Volusia County Emergency Management: 386.254.1500